This ad is expired.
Academic Advisor - Hill College (Burleson)
TTU at Hill College
Performs academic advising, educational, professional, or other basic academic advising or training at the individual or group level as appropriate. Work is performed under supervision with performance based on individual advising effectiveness and overall program results obtained.
- Advising Perform academic advising, educational, professional, or other basic academic advising or training at the individual or group level as appropriate.
- Work closely with advisors and administrators at community college to develop and maintain degree plans and transfer guides.
- Track potential students, student enrollment, and graduation rates for the extended campus.
- Work with academic advisors in Lubbock and on the community college campus to insure understanding of degree pathways.
- Provide basic assistance to students for admission, scholarship, and financial aid information.
- Recruiting Attend recruiting events on community college campuses, high school campuses, and community events.
- Work with admission specialists and recruiters from regional sites to organize events.
- Help plan transfer fairs during the fall and spring semesters.
- Attend community functions as requested.
- Help maintain a list of potential students and meet with prospective students.
- Event planning/organization Help plan and implement campus recruiting events and student events including orientations, application workshops, advisor workshops, financial aid sessions, and career training opportunities.
- Help organize graduation reception and other community recruiting events.
- Work with local high school and community college counselors to provide basic information regarding programming and application completion.
- Promotion and Advertising Help staff, eLearning, and community college with promotional and marketing materials, flyers, and other design elements.
- Coordinate with other staff members for the purchase of promotional items.
- Assist in creating and proofreading basic market materials.
- Work with student assistants and summer internship students.
- Help maintain student databases for prospective, incoming, and current students.
- Assist other advisors, recruiters, managers, and directors as needed.
Bachelor's degree required; one year related experience preferred.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-d88abdd14106664a9c5089610b5c4f06